Re: zao & mmw

>Zao is fun.  but they've evolved since i've
>seen 'em... i saw 'em way back in 1997 in the
>basement of a church in Dayton... good show.
>bunch of straight-edgers there... watch out
>for wild-flying arms...

they have evolved quite a bit since then.  that was when Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest had just been released if i remember correctly.  i own 3 of their cds, Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest is probably my favorite of the 3.

>i like Martin Medeski and Wood's collaboration
>with DJ Logic (a jazz turntablist)... it's called
>_Combustication_...

yes...that's a good one.  my brother was just talking about the concert he went to after combustication came out and they toured with dj logic. i own it along with about 5 of their other cds.  my personal fav is either it's a jungle in here or shack man.  on thing i REALLY enjoyed about the show was the opening though.  it started out with 5 or 6 native american men chanting and beating on these little drums.  they went on for about 5 minutes then chris wood joined in with the upright bass and billy martin joined in with some percussion then john medeski came in with the organ.  it was excellent.

RoAnn