Re: here's a question- (otr content!)

In a message dated 10/18/01 4:35:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
OncleBoo at aol_com writes:

<< The four Daniel Amos albums (Alarma, Doppelganger, Vox Humana, & Fearful
 Symmetry) which comprise their Alarma Chronicles - Terry Taylor had a dream
 or vision or something and each of these discs is based on it to some
extent.  >>

Terry Taylor also released a concept album solo called 'a breifing before the
ascent'
tagged 'a tale of a man's passage from here to there' Also DA's 'Motorcycle'
is somewhat one too.

as the other Kevin said there were quite a few in the 70's and 80's. Being a
teenager in the 70's and into prog at the time (the biggest abuser of the
concept album) I can list a quite a few from that era:

Nektar: Remember the Future
Nektar: Journey to the center of the eye
The Who: Tommy
The Who: Quadrophenia
The Eagles:Desperado
Genesis: Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
Rush: 2112
Spirit: 12 Dreams of Doctor Sardonicus
Zappa: We're Only In It For the Money and uhm...Joe's Garage
Klaatu: Hope
Triumvirat: Illusions on a Double Dimple
Gentle Giant: Three Friends
Yes: Close to the Edge
Yes: Tales from topographic oceans
Rick Wakeman: Journey to the center of the Earth
Caravan: in the land of grey and pink
The Pretty Things: S.F. Sorrow
Bonzo Dog Band: Keynsham (supposed to be anyway)

well, that oughta be enough to keep anyone interested busy and anyone not
going 'what the ***, who gives a ***

kevin

"Some call it obsession, I call it commitment"
?