winesburg, ohio

Dear y'all,

Re: album ordering and thematic throughlines, U2 fans may be interested
in this site, about a likely at-one-time-intended alternate ordering and
contents of The Joshua Tree.

http://www.tiede.com/joshuatree/

Something tells me I originally learned about this from Dan T.

In other news.  Kelvin remembers the seventies.  Wow.  :)

There are pictures of me from the seventies, and I was very short then.

I'm teasing Kelvin.  Probably to make myself feel better.  My students
aren't really sure what USA for Africa was, and Pac-Man isn't as
universally know to them as is Mario and his progeny.  It's scary gettin'
old.

Not really.  I like it.

Also:

Melanie said: "i certainly wouldn't want to include musicals in this
discussion!"

Which really disappointed me, because I wanted to say, "I think Les Mis
has a thematic throughline," and it was gonna be ***funny***!.  :)

Recent literary discoveries:
Sherwood Anderson's _Winesburg, Ohio_.  Little, intense human sketches.
Someday I will read the whole thing.  But not today.  But I recommend it
for Rhineland reading, from what I was able to look at.

That is all,

Fred

PS: Outside my window, they're calling for Patches, the black and white
cat who runs my block.  All the other cats do his bidding.  Maybe because
he has a collar and a meal plan.  But anyway, when they call for him,
that means it's past my bedtime.