here's a question- (otr content!)

my question of the evening is this-  do you think songwriters put a great
deal of thought into the lyrical thru-line of an album?  i really never
thought of it before, but tonight on my drive home from work i had 'i radio
heaven' on repeat.  i guess due to my feeling a little disconnected (and
perhaps rebellious) or late.  anyway, after a couple listens, i decided to
move on, and as 'little blue river' began to play i began to feel more
relaxed- more like things were okay.  sort of as if things could come full
circle- going from a frustrated, confused state to a place of satisfaction
and, well, roots.  i was wondering if many songwriters would look for these
sorts of connections on purpose, or if compiling an album were more a
challenge of creating musical thru-line.

(of course, it's quite possible that working 70 hour weeks has finally
affected the last rational part of my brain.)

melanie