otr pottery barn

so, being your regular everyday otr fanatic, last night i bought the new
pottery barn cd featuring 'give me strength.'

and all i can say is, over the rhine rocks.  :)  pottery barn.... well...

first of all i had to muster up the courage to own a neo-yuppified
cocktail/dinner soiree ((sorry no accents!)) mix cd from the trendy store.
but i thought, what the heck, support over the rhine.  be the crazed lostee
you really are at heart.  besides, i've already got the starbuck's
compilation under my belt.  how bad could it be?

okay, it's not that bad, it's just not great.  nothing thrilling.  and i
have to say that 'give me strength' really sticks out on the album.
lyrically and musically, it's far better than anything else on the cd.  not
that i'm prejudiced...

i'm just not sure what i'll do with it, now.  i guess next time i have
friends dress up and come over for some sushi and perrier to discuss the
latest cannes winners, i've got the perfect soundtrack.  for now, i've got
something that makes me grab my #47 FfR and pop it in the car stereo with a
great sigh of relief.

at least it didn't cost pottery barn prices....

(jeremiah, if i'd been smart, i would've bought the fatboy slim..)

playlist:

natural blues- moby
at the river- groove armada
missing- everything but the girl
tabou- les nubiens featuring casey
i walk the earth- king biscuit time
if i ever fell better- phoenix
standing outside a borken phone booth...- primitive radio gods
give me strength- OtR
the scent of magnolia- david sylvian
rain- alpha
el regato de amour- dubtribe sound system
wednesday's child- emiliana tarrini

feeling a little pretentious,

melanie

The children could tell, from Phil's statement about everything and
everybody having a good side, that he was an optimist.  "Optimist" is a word
which here refers to a person, such as Phil, who thinks hopeful and pleasant
thoughts about nearly everything.  For instance, if an optimist had his left
arm chewed off by an alligator, he might say, in a pleasant and hopeful
voice, "Well, this isn't too bad.  I don't have my left arm anymore, but at
least nobody will ever ask me whether I am right-handed or left-handed," but
most of us would say something more along the lines of "Aaaaah!  My arm!  My
arm!"

-Lemony Snicket, The Miserable Mill