A great response to a simple request

Thank you everyone for your recommendations as far as the praise and worship
CD's go.  I have LOTS to look for.  I was thinking that I was being a little
selfish having everyone's input sent directly to me.  But, I didn't want
everyone's mailboxes to be filled with my simple request.  So what I have
done is cut and pasted all of your suggestion to this message. (I have taken
out some comments that y'all sent to me, and tried just to leave the artist
and name of album when possible).  So here is ONE long list instead of lots
of little messages.  Sorry for not giving props to those of you who sent
these messages to me.

Out here,
Barry

At the Foot of the Cross collections
Love Songs and Prayers, the collection from the Choir
Roaring Lambs
I understand that Delirious! is pretty good.
I usually find the Crossing gets me in a good God-lovin' mood.
<http://www.vmg.com/vm/projects.asp?dept_id=141>
1. Dennis Jernigen

2.  Violet Burning put out a couple of praise-ish cd's
recently:  I AM A STRANGER IN THIS PLACE & FAITH AND
DEVOTIONS OF A SATELLITE HEART.  you can check them
out at www.thevioletburning.com.
"Enter the Worship Circle" by 100 Portraits and Waterdeep Enter the Worship
Circle at www.100portraits.com.
"Revival In Belfast" put out by Hosanna
Any of the Passion CD's
Anything by Matt Redmon
Exodus (various)
City on a Hill (various)
There are also a couple of Hillsongs cds that are
good: Shout to the Lord and God Is In the House
"unplugged alternative" is a great praise album. came out in '93, good luck
finding it. has michael knott, the choir, terry taylor, adam again, the
throes, etc. it is worth a good search. it is on alarma records.
I've found the Passion CDs to be pretty good, and any other Matt Redman

Various Artists _The Prayer Cycle_ (Sony Classical,
   1999) Alanis Morissette, James Taylor, conductor
   John Williams, Linda Ronstadt, Salif Keita) not
   a traditional churchy worship album... but WHOA!

Various Artists _City on a Hill_ (Essential Records,
   2000) Sixpence None the Richer, Jars of Clay,
   Third Day, Choir, FFH, Caedmon's Call...)

Caedmon's Call _In the Company of Angels_ (Essential
   Records, 2001) all originals (by the band, other
   folksters, and Rich Mullins)
At The Foot Of The Cross Vol. 1 & 2
The Prayer Chain - Mercury
City On A Hill - Gene Eugene,Steve Hindalong - (various artists)
John Michael Talbot
Phil Keaggy - Beyond Nature
Phil Keaggy - Find Me In These Fields (!!)
Phil Keaggy - Way Back Home
Phil Keaggy - What a Day/Love Broke Thru
There's a terrific p&w live CD from a ministry to young adults and singles
here in Atlanta. The CD is entitled "7:22 Live". I wish I could tell you
it's available everywhere, but I think you can only get it from www.722.org.
While you're there, I you can check out the solo CD from the band's worship
leader, Todd Fields. Entitled "Now For Then", it's not just p&w, but there
are some good worship songs on it.
Another excellent resource is www.worshiptogether.com. There are two Worship
Together compilations, called "I Could Sing Of Your Love Forever, Volumes 1
& 2" (both are two disc sets), that are available at most bookstores.

I'm hooked on just about anything by Hillsong (All Things Are Possible is my
top), a lot of the Vineyard stuff is pretty good as well (Winds of Worship
12, Live in London would be my top pick).
Also some Keith Green stuff is incredible worship, he really had a heart for
worship and what seemed to be a pure total love of God.

1. Delirious - by far the best around right now, I recommend EVERY album

2. Chris Tomlin - He wrote "Forever" and is doing great things

3. David Crowder - writing some new stuff that is really good
Check out Paul Baloche. The first on his own is called "Open the Eyes of my
Heart"
Also, you might check out the latest 2 CD's with Mathew Ward who is known
for his awesome voice... his latest 2 are more "worship". "My Redeemer" and
I forget the latest..
There's also a cool one put out by the Vineyard called Lower than Angels
(1996)You may want to check out Kate Miner "Live from the Strip."  The CD
was
recorded live at a club in LA.  The CD was indepently released check
www.kateminer.com

ALso, any of the Waterdeep Worship CD's have been favorites of mine.
the Sattelite Soul praise CD (in the Ardent Worship series) is a favorite at
our house
www.spiritoffire.org.

~~This e-mail may not be transmitted or retransmitted without the express
written consent of Major League Baseball. ;-)