Re: Patience on Ebay (was Re: Newbie with a question...)

From: Kevin Dobo-Hoffman <khoffman at woh_rr.com>  says:

> What I want to know is:  who are all the losers selling their OTR CD's!
> That outta be crime, far as I'm concerned.

oh,  no!  god bless those losers who sell off their OtR wares.  that's how i
scored  the __happy with myself__  cd-single,  with the lyrics printed on
the disc itself in a drunken-swagger whirlpool spiral,   and just recently
the disc d'jour,  __three song sampler__ with the alt. edit of __if nothing
else__ and with karin and linford looking at me from the disc face itself.

"congress shall make no law respecting an act of banning the sale of over
the rhine items from e-bay or any other means thereof..."------excerpted
from jg's  bill of rights.

>But hey, better for those of you
> who find 'em that way.
> Kevin "Doughboy"

now you got the right idea,  kevin!

opposite of over the rhine,   which became  "guilty pleasures"

when i read the question first,  i was struck by a coincidence.   on another
music list i'm on, the happy rhodes list,  the ecto digest,   this was the
conversation just a couple days before!   it was even called "guilty
pleasures"  which this thread turned into shortly thereafter.   led zeppelin
was oft cited as a non-ecto  favourite.

i don't have any led zeppelin.  not since the cd revolution, that is.   i
still have a few on vinyl,  but they don't come out anymore.   i have that
__encomium__ tribute cd,  but that's as close as i have.   but i do listen
to some non-ecto,  and non-over the rhine sounding stuff too,  of course.

let's see.   stone temple pilots don't sound much like OtR.  no connection
there.    tom waits:  karin,  ya better start chain smoking those
chesterfields now,  girl.   OtR connection:  karin and linford like tom,
too.   L7:   connection,  girl fronted band.  but L7 is a bit,  um,
louder?

for guilty or slightly embarrassing,  it's hard to top the difranco family,
but i'll  toss my hat into the ring with that tom jones i brought home from
the library the other week,    and yeah, i was kinda groovin' to my ohio
players double cd best-of  set,  cool funk from the 70's.

i liked that __jesus in new orleans__  song qwite a bit the other night at
brady's.     just an overdue note, there.

exit,   stage left
jg
np:  OtR __3-song sampler__