Re:minorities at shows

on 10/16/01 12:34 PM, Over-The-Rhine Digest at
Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com wrote:

> I have to agree.  At the six shows I've been blessed to attend, I don't
> think I've seen one single minority there other than myself.  And I know of
> only one other black person who is an OTR fan.
>
> I've gotten some very nice emails privately regarding my lengthy post the
> other day, so I've decided to start posting a bit more often than once every
> five years.  I hope I can add something of interest to this group of people
> that I feel I know so well even though I've never met a single one of you.
> :)

Hi Gail!
Well, you can add one more AA OtR fan to your list...my hubby. We have
noticed the lack of a lot of minoritites at shows, as well, even here in the
NE. I'll be interested to see what the NYC show looks like when they come
back (I keep hoping, since it was one that was  cancelled) .

Also ,add me to your compliment list on your post...it was very nice and
well-written. I'm in the position of being able to see/ "take part" in more
kinds of racism than many white people, since my hubby is black. So I have a
different perspective than many. Thanks for sharing yours.

peace,
~tab

"And my answer to the years of strife
Is the way I choose to live my life" ~Over the Rhine, "Moth"