Re: Truly guilty pleasures (was Re: FW: Newbie with a question...)

I barely remember the Difranco family.  Wouldn't it be funny if we found out that Ani was related to them?

The Carpenters!  There you go...another artist my mom introduced me to when I was a kid.  I've learned to appreciate them on an artistic level as an adult.  Richard Carpenter is a master of arrangement; from a musician/singer's perspective their songs are really complex.

As for John Denver--his was the first concert I ever attended, way back when.

Janet Jackson is good, too.

And as for the Gaither Vocal Band--you win.  I must graciously concede.  All hail the king of musical guilty pleasures!