Tape machines

Linford was talking about the greatness of tape machines, made me think
of The Beach Boys.
>	One tight bunch of musicians who knew their way around the
studio, or at least Brian did in the tape machine days, hope they aren't
gone...
>	Linford, now that Virgin is writing the checks, you COULD record
to tape? Help keep it around. Jars of Clay still does and they sound
great, even if their songs don't. Everyone knows tape sounds better, and
think about the smell, beats a zero and one any day right?

>Anyone on the list have Pet Sounds, (done on a 4 track), or Smiley
Smile?