Re: Thinking out loud

In a message dated 10/12/01 7:42:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
biglight at pacbell_net writes:

<< but we can effectively produce the same result by
 agreeing not to gratify ugliness with a response other than "goodbye." >>

John,

I took time over the weekend to make up my mind about leaving. It's amazing
how many emotions were seeking primary consideration.

Music is such an important part of me. From the moment I wake up and while
I'm dozing off to sleep, music is playing like a soundtrack accompanying my
life.  Although I spend the majority of my time here in 'lurk' mode, it's
fulfilling to be among people who have an appreciation for many of the artist
I've reached for in order to wile away a day watching the rain, to get over a
particularly bad break-up, to check and write e-mail by --. Usually when I
name an artist I like I'm met with a blank stare from the uninitiated. :) But
here it's different.  I took notes when we discussed books and authors so i
would remember to look further the next time I was in Borders. I want to
learn more about the Japanese artist Ysobelle was discussing not too long ago
(I can't find the piece of paper I wrote the name on -- please remind my
unorganized self again).

I still don't feel *safe* but how can I deny the energy of jg's submissions
to the list? Liesle's humour -- So for now, I will resume dragging my feet in
the dirt as I lounge on the tire swing attached to the big tree in the far
end of the orchard (i'm kind of little so I don't think I'll hurt it).

Rose