Re: Thinking out loud

In a message dated 10/12/01 7:42:01 PM, biglight at pacbell_net writes:

<< I was wondering, to the list in general: can we agree as a group
that when someone like WS posts material that is beyond the pale like
that that instead of starting a big debate (and I'm as guilty of
responding to WS-style bait as anyone), we just hit the "delete" key? >>

You're so right.  I knew when I was typing that I should just let it go, but
there were parts that I just couldn't NOT reply to, you know?!?!  But after I
saw his reply to my (and Don's) posts, I agree with you...not worth it.

<< Note that I'm not talking about common disagreement here: there are
several listess with whom I disagree on political or religious matters
(Kelvin, for e.g.) but who are civil and loving about it, and with whom
I am *happy* to discuss our differences. (Kelvin is a fine gentleman,
kinder than I often am). >>

He is a fine gentleman.  I have discussed with him many times and have found
him charming, in fact!

Jan