Don, stories, and such

I discovered after I finished this that much of it parrots Don.  I don't mean
to be doing that, per se... he just says things better than I can.  He's a
better wordSmith.

Don wrote:
>it's an extreme example of something I value about the list, which
>is a chance to both challenge my own beliefs and be challenged by others.  I
>firmly believe that an unchallenged belief is an ill-defined belief, and I
>welcome the chance for someone who disagrees with me to hammer at my
>assumtions and ideas.

I applaud this. This is, I think, a much more eloquent way of saying
something similar to I was trying to express in my 'beauty' commentary last
night.

>I sincerely hope the lack of hard feelings is reciprocated, and if
>not, I hope those who are mad at me would feel comfortable telling me so
that I
>can try to make amends or explain myself if there's a misunderstanding.

Ditto here as well.  I've met one, maybe two, of the people on the list in
person, but I'm very much hoping to expand that.  I hope that I'm welcome,
and that if someone would feel anything negative toward me that they would
let me know, so that I could attempt to correct that.  I certainly have no
grudges to hold, myself.

>It's not going to be easy, because I love the intellectual fencing of a good
argument
>(no Monty Python references, please :-)), but I am going to try for at least
>while to think with my heart rather than my head, and tell stories about
where
>I'm coming from, rather than try to marshall facts and unassailable chains of
>logic.  I invite you to join me, because I would love to hear your stories,
>too.

Well said!  Challenging concept, Don.  I'm not sure I have much to offer in
that way, however.  "Everybody's story is more interesting than mine..." etc.

Who, btw, was it that picked Fairpoint Diary as a fav?  I've forgotten now,
but it's one of my fav's too, although it didn't jump right out at me.  It
sort of snuck up and tapped me on the shoulder when I was paying more
attention to it's friends... it turned out to be the one I'd find myself
humming.

Did the Marsha Chronicles fit the 'spirit of OtR'?  I'd like to think they
did... quirky and creative?  I'd love for her to spin back down and say hi
some time, Cheetah!

Where's Rhys, btw?  Did her posting ability go away with her job?? I enjoyed
her take on things... hope if she's just lurking that she doesn't think we've
forgotten about her, and that she'll let us know how things are going...

How's the airport business, Ysobelle?  Things picking up at all? They say
more people are flying again... is it true?

Past my bedtime...again...
Anita

PS:
Haiku must also be