Music and this list-response

In a message dated 10/11/01 3:56:51 PM !!!First Boot!!!, Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

Who else has discovered other amazing music via OtR, be it in concert or =
here on the list? =20

This was one of the reasons I joined the list.  I was searching the net for new music and had a list in hand at my local Barnes and Noble.  The girl working the music department happened to "really" know music and she saw OTR on the list.

She pulled out Good Dog Bad Dog and told me to buy that one before all the others.  I did.  It's still the best purchase of music I've ever made.  Always will be.

I joined this list because I was incredibly touched by the beauty and honesty of that CD.  It's one you can listen to on a quiet rainy day or one to play full blast driving down an empty highway with windows all the way down.  I played the CD for days after September 11th just for the mere comfort value.

I'd hoped to talk with other people touched by their music.  I'd hoped to learn ways to get the music of OTR out here in my neck of the woods so more people would benefit.  I'd hoped to find recommendations of other bands that might appeal to me and while I have found some of those things here, I also found a rather tight-knit group of people who've spent a long time together on this list.

I'm not complaining-- I've enjoyed some of the conversations here, but I've never really felt "welcome" to post.

I don't have a lot in common with the listees.  I've never been to see them live (believe me, from all of you I understand I'm missing something special and well, it just sucks<g>) but I enjoy reading about the concerts.  I've never met any of the people on this list.  The discussions here run quite a bit to religion and while I do believe in God, I don't practice any "one" religion and in fact enjoy studying different ones.  I grew up with a father who wanted his children's minds to be free of dogma and to learn as much as possible.  We hosted missionaries (and their families)of many religions and from places all over the world while I grew up and I learned above all that God is Love.  So, I suppose you won't find me embroiled in some of the harsher religious discussions I've seen here.

So, as I said, I don't have that much in common with the people on this list.  I do have OTR, though.  I've stayed on the off chance I'll learn more about OTR, get more great recommendations.  And, oh yeah, I also stay because I do enjoy a lot of the different personalities on this list--especially Ysobelle.  (BTW, I've been meaning to ask... just how does one go about becoming a wench? <g>)

Rinda