Re: jury duty

I got called right after I moved from North Carolina to Chicago. My dad told them I was no longer an NC resident and that was that. I was kind of dissapointed, though. Remember that show, Northern Exposure? Remember Chris, the deejay? Chris was a convicted felon and couldn't vote, but on voting day, he was the most patriotic. I feel like Chris did on voting day when I vote, all optimistic and proud, even though I'm very skeptical of our system and don't like either party.
So I kind of wanted to do jury duty, to participate in the process, and hopefully have it result in justice. I'm sure I'll be called again some day.

-John

np- Ron Sexsmith- "Whereabouts."

--
In the electoral campaign, President Bush named as the most important person in his life Jesus Christ. Now he has a unique chance to prove that he meant it seriously: for him, as for all Americans today, "Love thy neighbor!" means "Love the Muslims!" OR IT MEANS NOTHING AT ALL.

 -  Slavoj Zizek, "Welcome To The Desert Of The Real II: Reflections on WTC"

http://www.johnpauldavis.org