Re: If I Had...

Ironic too, because that song was written about the things we were doing
in Central America in the '80s...

John

Jeff McCloud wrote:

>I have to admit that I'm surprised in the past
>week I haven't seen anyone quote from Bruce
>Cockburn. Does anyone else identify?
>
>"I want to raise every voice -- at least I've got
>to try/ Every time I think about it water rises
>to my eyes./ Situation desperate, echoes of the
>victims cry/ If I had a rocket launcher...Some
>son of a bitch would die."
>
>Jeff McCloud
>teamccloud at yahoo_com

"History goes blind and in darkness;
neither ses nor is seen, nor is
known except as a carrion
marked by unintelligible wounds:
dragging its dead body, living,
yet to be born, it moves heavily
to its glories. It tramples
the little towns, forgets their names."

-Wendell Berry, "The Design of the House: Ideal and Hard Time"