Re: Do unto others

I wanted to introduce myself to everyone - I'm Jenn.
:)I've been on the list for awhile and haven't really
participated (obviously), but I felt compelled to do
so tonight.

I was one of those sappy americans who received
comfort from our President's message last night.  I
didn't think that his message was too simplistic.  I
am well aware that every person on this planet has
evil in them, but to say that "evil" attacked
"freedom" yesterday was appropriate and true... I
think he, as well as every thinking citizen, would
agree that americans aren't purely "good" and the
palestinians/afganistans/pakistanians *whoever* was,
by definition "evil".  To say that this *act* was
purely evil is true and I don't see how anyone could
justify such a horrific act of violence and
destruction.  I agree that America is arrogant - we
consume 90% of the world's resources and contain a
fraction of the world's population... we are a
materialistic and greedy society, but I don't think
that anything justifies what happened yesterday.
Nothing should have warranted an attack that killed
10,000+ unsuspecting civilians.  They were "innocent"
in that they were non-military, non-threatening people
going about their everyday work.  People like that in
any part of the world should not be harmed and/or
terrorized.

I'm overwhelmed by this tragedy and I want to let the
victims and their families know that my prayers, and
the prayers of my church are with them.

Jenn Nelson

=====
I did not make it - no, it is making me.  - Rich Mullins