Re: presidential debates

--- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
wrote:

I can provide references tomorrow if
> anyone wants them, but the
> articles I read spoke of...

I'm not denying these things happened.  I guess what I
was trying to say is that it is foolish to think that
there was an organized effort to disenfranchise these
folks.  The percentage of Gore voters involved in
these incidents was probably equal to the percentage
of Gore voters in those precincts.

As far as your discussion of why Gore is superior to
Bush - although I heartily disagree with you (let's
look at Gore's college record, for Pete's sake) I can
respect the opinion.  I have no problem with anyone
defending their belief that Gore, Bush, Nadar, or Kid
Rock would make the better president (although 3 out
of 4 of them would be wrong) as long as it is based on
facts and their real merits.  I just get a little put
out with unfounded accusations, particularly when it's
the same chorus over and over.
But then again, I don't really need to have this
discussion here.

  But I tell you what:
> I will promise to read "How Gore Tried to Steal the
> Election" if you promise
> to read "The Bush Dyslexicon".  Deal?

I will try my darndest!

Flapping my right arm,
Kelvin

=====
Willy Wonka: "You know what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?"
Charly: "No. What?"
Willy Wonka: "He lived happily ever after."