What's spinnin'....

Well, it's not so much what's spinning now as what I've been listening to
lately.

I'm still on a Depeche Mode kick. The Singles collections, Ultra, A
Broken Frame-- all over the place.

Lots of J-Pop (Japanese Pop): the soundtrack to Shoujo Kakumei Utena,
especially. Wootness! (More at work than at home-- a coworker has several
CDs she pops in.)

My usual EBM pile: VNV Nation, Covenant

The new Afro Celt Soundsystem disc. Yum!

Celtic schtuff-- Rankin Family, some samplers, etc.

My LimeWire (Gnutella for Mac) collection, which is just off the walls:
Dennis Leary routines, Danny Elfman's Nightmare Before Christmas stuff,
Poe, Indigo Girls, Duran, Reasure, Crystal Method, Crowded House, more
Depeche, Tracey Ullman, Apoptygma Berzerk, Thompson Twins, Prodigy,
Bauhaus, Eddie Izzard monologues, and, the current crown in my
collection, Bloom County stars Tongue Depressor, Bela My Goldfish is Dead.

But I can't get into most of the rap and urban contemporary on the radio
these days, either. I'm totally with it on Country, World music,
classical, 80s synthpop-- just about anything. But when Q102 comes on,
I'm just completely turned off. When did pop music get so dumb and _mean_?