RE: the be***es (was Re: Guilty musical pleasures)

a peaceful and well-nourished dave wrote:

> i was "undercover" last week in ocean city, md. and
> after downing 4
> guinness' @ macky's on 54th & bay, i stopped into a
> karaoke bar & sang, "how
> can you mend a broken heart". didn't even have to
> look at the prompter. got
> a huge applause by the "over 40 crowd" & promptly
> exited. it's all in the
> timing. just ask george castanza.

oh dear.  so i guess being 18 at a discoteck in italy
and singing la bamba (karaoke) might fit here.  mmm.
but, i can't lean on alcoholic influence.  we're
talking sheer __you fill in__.

my guilty pleasures would most definitely be (not
withstanding others mentioned already) jimmy buffet
and the judds.

-j. marie