Re: Last Night (OtR Review)

Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:
> The show last night at Southgate was really
> fun, great sound.

yes, indeedy, petey.  it sounded better up top, much
to the opposite recommendation from some folks here
(ahem... ahem)...

> Kim Taylor opened... she did great.  Much looking
> forward to her CD.

eh... she was ok.  better than girheub ikkin, nice
voice... and she didn't smoke and scratch her head
incessantly. :P

j/k, she was pretty good.  does she have a CD coming
out?  i was out running my camera back to my car
during her last song.

> Bothered
> Lucy

i liked what karin did vocally at the end of these
songs... nice stuff...

> Miles

nice rendition.  have they done that lately?  i don't
think so.  that might have been my fav song of the
night.

> I Radio Heaven to her naked pot-farming
> TV buddy.  It was a groovy version, just two
> acoustic guitars, kinda strumming along.  It was
> one of the few songs of the night that wasn't
> shifted downtempo of it's original version.

jack was also playing lap steel along with this.
and unless you were at a different show than i...
this was not nearly the same as the album version.

dude, it was a freakin' DURGE.  slow and moving and
droning.  i liked it a lot, but i just had to really
disagree with you, though.

DURGE was what it was.  a freakin' DURGE.

you could see them all moping while playing it... ;)

> "Orphan Girl" is that same Gillian Welch song
> they've been playing for years.  (Yawn)  Pretty
> and all, but (yawn).

mmm... better than some other songs.  i kinda liked
it.

> this all leads to "Hello Ohio".  It pretty
> much was a song about the things she just
> talked about...

she gave away half the lyrics in her talking.
where's the surprise?  i hate it when performers
do that.

overall a good show... i was sleepy after a long
weekend, but it was enjoyable.

i ate the crumbs- spilled the wine,
Dan

np: king's x - KX4