Gray Ghost Stories

Just got it in the mail yesterday... it's so compelling. I didn't know
Linford could play the guitar so well. I mean, I've seen him play an
acoustic before (When I lived in Chicago, Linford and Karin showed up at
a tiny record shop on the near north side. I walked in the snow to get
there. Linford played accordion and guitar, Karin played guitar and
sang. A free gift to those who knew about it. So lovely.) But I've never
heard him pick like that.
I put both of the solo piano CDs in the changer and let them play
through. I drank coffee and read my current novel of choice (Angle of
Repose- Wallace Stegnar). My wife sat next to me and slipped her bare
feet underneath my legs, reading her own book. The light was soft. It
was quite peaceful. When I listen to Linford playing it feels like
Christmas, or like nights when my dad  would play the upright piano in
our basement.

-John

--

Thy life's a miracle. Speak yet again.