Sojo Fest: Bordering on madcap hilarity

Went to the Sojourner's Festival show at Wheaton College last night.  It was
such a unique show (and I mean that in a good way, not like "Oh, that was .
. . unique . . ."), I had to decloak and post something. Surprised by two
things:
1)That it turned out to be just Karin and Linford.
2)That they were very chatty and hilarious during the concert.

I mean, they were both being REALLY funny. Like some kind of old-timey
vaudeville act, singing songs and telling jokes in between.  (There was no
softshoeing involved, however.)

One of the funniest moments was when Linford mentioned that they had some
Cd's they were selling up front, and some "souvenirs."  And Karin said,
"Like little Eiffel Towers."  heh.

Also, Linford started playing something I couldn't recognize, and it turned
out to be a really odd version of My Love is a Fever.  I guess Karin thought
it was odd, too, because about a quarter of the way through the song, she
stopped and said, "I can't remember the words at this tempo. . . I can only
pretend for so long."  And he just keeps playing, and she's shaking her head
and saying, "It's just gone."  Somebody yells out "Migraines!"  And she's
like, "Yeah, something about migraines, I have one right now."  Finally, she
jumps in, somewhere around "hob's nob."  When the end came, where she
repeats the lines from the beginning, she trails off in the middle of it and
says "All I can remember is my love is a fever."  And then everyone cheered
and clapped.  It was pretty entertaining.

They pulled some oldies out of their bag, some songs from Patience and Till
We Have Faces.  Played Rhapsodie (among others), which made me very happy.
And Orphan of God, or whatever the name of that song is.

Definitely got my five bucks' worth, and some change . . .

I kind of do wish they sold little Eiffel Towers, though.  I think I would
buy one.

Mandy