homosexuality (OtR cntent!)

Has this been discussed on this list before...the potental lesbian themes of
"June"?  I mean, you can take the lyrics as refering to the actual month OR
the name of a person...or both.  (I take it as the latter- a reflection
about things that happened during a romance one June with a person named
June.)  Normally, I ascribe no particular significance to a female singing
love songs with other female objects in the lyrics.  Mazzy Star and the
Cowboy Junkies have both done this, for instance.  However, those were
frequently remakes, or the result of a male songwriter speaking through a
female "mouthpiece".  If Linford, as a christian, wrote June with Karin in
mind to sing it, was their any signifigance in that?

"June, tell me, will he love me anyway...God, look over there, there's
pigeons nesting on your saints, God, all I can say is forgive us, rather,
forgive me."

Does this perhaps allude to the purity of the saints.  (Birds flock to their
likenesses, but would no doubt flock to the actual men themselves.)  Is the
character in the song praying for atonement for her own impurity?
Does this reflect an honest an open-minded view of the homosexual struggle,
or am I way off?

>From: Tim Winterstein <mirthboy2000 at yahoo_com>
>
>"i find the anti-homosexuality prevailent in most
>christian churches absolutely repulsive."
>
>How many christian churches have you been to?  You may
>be right that some churches are anti-homosexuality
>(better than anti-homosexual, in my opinion), but does
>that mean most or even more than a few are?  Just
>wondering if you know of those churches personally or
>if you're just repeating what the media says.
>
>Tim

Ah, media.  You know, Spin magazine once ran a piece about homosexuals at a
Christian retreat that was EXTREMELY slanted.  It painted a picture of the
willing volutneers as veritable concentration camp prisioners, suffering
unspeakable torture and brainwashing.  Try telling that to the men that go
on religious television programs and speak freely about their testimony of
"leaving the lifestyle" and finding subsequent happiness and peace.  Or you
could try the "Christians No Longer Gay Living For Christ" chat room at
talkcity.com.  I'm sure those people would have a more informed opinion
about this than anyone on this list, having been through it.

Just remember, no matter how society changes, God is the same.  Mores are as
dust in the wind, but He is constant.  It appears to me that, had He willed
it to be, homosexual marriage would have been allowed by the church
centuries ago.

That said, I actually regard homosexuality as less of a sin than heterosex
outside of marriage.  Why?  Because, while any sex outside of a comitted
relationship/marriage necessarily entails people using each other by it's
very nature, only heterosexual couplings have the disasterous potential to
result in an unwanted pregnancy.  True, the Bible is more harsh regarding
homosexuality, but it was written in times when such behavior, if unchecked,
could cause widespread death.  We are a smarter and more sanitary people
now- the need for public "stonings" has passed.

May God bless you Holly.

just a footsoldier,

Matt

np Ghostwriters - Second Skin