c-stone

I have to agree that Cornerstone was wonderful.  You can't beat it when
you get very little rain and loads of SUN.  Saturday was a bit too hot for
my taste.

I was at the acoustic stage much of the week.  Silent Planet is to be
commended for putting such a great lineup together.

Highlights:

Ticklepenny Corner was wonderful.  I love their new CD and it was great to
get to see Beth play with so many other artists, especially Mike Knott.  I
thought that she and Noah made the performance unbelieveable.  Her violin
was the perfect counterpoint to Mike's songs.  I tried to leave the Mike
Knott concert a few times but was drawn back by the amazing songs and
music.

Phil Maderia is a great musician and songwriter.  I enjoyed his set of
music and he joined in with so many others on guitar, piano or accordion.

Claire Holley was great.  It was a nice touch adding Becky Hemmingway on
back up vocals and the covers of the Innocence Mission and Lone Justice
were wonderful choices

Victoria Williams was captivating.  I saw her last year at the Blue Jordan
Festival and wasn't as impressed but she was one of my favorites this
week.  It was fun hearing some of the song from the latest Creek Dippers
disc and Cincinnati's own Dave Wolfenberger  did a great job on the drums.

Dave also performed a nice set at the New band stage.  I can't wait to
hear his new disc.

As always Over the Rhine.  I caught portions of both shows and was struck
by the diverse group of people that make up their fan base.  It shouldn't
surprise me since they make such wonderful music.

I could go on and on after seeing wonderful music by Pierce Pettis, Jan
Krist, Brooks Williams, The Choir, Dave Beegle, and Tom Prasada Rao.  It
was also fun reliving my 80's metal days with Stryper and Guardian

Bill Keith
--
Bill Keith, WSDP Radio, Plymouth-Canton Schools