surprised by Mulvey (little OtR)

hey there Rhinelanders,

It's somewhat rare that I post anything substantial, but I thought this
might be of interest to some of you as it has to do with some bands that
are oft-mentioned in these parts, particularly Peter Mulvey.

As some of you already know, I work for a small multimedia consulting
company.  Lately, I've been working on a project which highlights Intel's
"Pocket Concert" MP3 Player.  There are a dozen or so mp3's that come
with the MP3 player's accompanying software, featuring artists such as
Peter Mulvey, 16 Horsepower, ummm Fred Eaglesmith and others who I can't
think of off the top o my head (also includes some interesting audio book
clips such as Ben Stiller and Janene Garofello reading the forward to
their audiobook and a Matt Damon narrated excerpt from Kerouac's "On the
Road"). I'll post a complete track list if anyone's interested.

Anyways, the coolest thing (to me, anyways) is that someone at Intel
requested that Mulvey's "The Trouble With Poets" be featured in our demo.
 So in one of the animations I'm doing, you can see Peter's name, etc as
the MP3 player zooms past and an audio clip for "The Trouble...".

Perhaps a little unexpected extra publicity for Mr Mulvey...

So, come September you all must stop by a computer store near you and
check out the demos that are (hopefully) running on computers w/ Intel
chips.

Anyways, I post this because I thought some might be interested and
because it's tangentially OtR related in that most of these are artists
who aren't widely known but who are (like OtR being featured in primetime
tv) gaining the spotlight in some unusual ways.

I dunno...  I sorta feel like I'm in a bizarro universe when stuff like
this happens -- next, maybe there's a band called Under the Rhine that'll
surface and rise to Spears-like popularity.  Or possibly a band called
Over the Rhine.  Wouldn't be surprised.

Jon