Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #631

jillian wrote:

> well, i am who i am because of the diversity i lived

> in during my adolesence. i know more about the food,
> religions, languages and customs of different
> cultures than my sister, who went to private rich-
> girl schools her whole life. i'm not knocking
> private or parochial schools...they just aren't
> for me.

Just as a side note... just like public schools there
are all sorts of private schools... not all
private/parochial schools are for rich kids.  My
little brother (ok, so he's taller than me, but he's
always be my little brother) just finished up a year
teaching at a Catholic HS in Milwaukee, and this year
he'll be at an all-boys Catholic HS on the south side
of Chicago.  Believe me, the kids at those schools are
*not* rich.

Michelle