theories and astro

LikeTheQuiche at aol_com wrote:

> One more thing, Don, what's the story in
> astrophysics these days, are the galaxies converging

> or separating?

I'm not Don, but I am an astrophysicist.  If you are
referring to the separation of galaxies due to
expansion of the universe, then they are separating,
and that part of astronomy hasn't changed since long
before I was born.  Perhaps you mean, will the
universe expand forever or not?  That hasn't been
settled conclusively.  Current evidence points to
"yes", FWIW.

And to Don - hi to a fellow astro type!  :)

Michelle