Re: muses

>From: Gilhamilton at aol_com

I'll
>reccomend one of my more well known top muses:

>Frederick Buechner

I'm loving his devotional, "Listen to your Life".  It really speaks to me.

>a few other possibles for the wall -
>Sam Phillips/T-bone together, Are they ever together outside of "Martinis
>and Bikinis"?  (Only Sam I own, cause the other material sounded to
>"keyboardy".)

Mark Heard (who cares if noone
>knows him, he looks cool and would incite conversation)

Sadly, all I have is the collection "High Noon". :-(

... Harry Potter -
>gotta have a fictional character

Really?  Why?  Kevin, aren't you cheezed-off that this character is a
rip-off of Neil Gaiman's creation Timothy Hunter, star of "The Books of
Magic"?  The esoteric nature of the original creation vs. his prose
counterpart serves up more proof of how far comics have to go to become
accepted as literature... (That and the fact that, in winning the World
Fantasy Award for "Sandman", Gaiman's masterwork forced the awards committee
to amend the rules to prevent such an "embarrassment" from ever occurring
again.)

in a related story, Princess Kida from "Disney's Atlantis" is a near carbon
copy of the character Nadia from the 1993 studio GAINAX animated television
series "Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water".  This is the second time Disney
has borrowed from established Japanese pop-cultural icons without giving due
credit.

Pee-Wee Herman - if you