Re: Cover horror! (Not OTR related)

funny, i heard a bit of that a couple days ago and my
first thought was that it was mr. gabriel HIMSELF
singing it solo acoustic like that. if that's the
case, is it still such a travesty? and if not, then
why can the original artist do stuff like that and not
somebody else via cover? wouldn't it be a double
standard?