Re: Re: Dr. Seuss

On 6/4/01 3:46 PM, quoth the brilliant petert at interchange_ubc.ca at
petert at interchange_ubc.ca:

>The first thing that comes to mind is an old _Electric Company_ vignette
>in which a woman sings, "It always rains where I go..."  She's standing
>outside a cafe or restaurant, and then her date (I *think* it was Morgan
>Freeman) shows up, and they go inside.  As they're sitting down, he asks
>for a menu, and then they hear a thunderclap, and the woman reaches for
>her umbrella, and as it begins to rain, just over the woman's seat and
>nowhere else, her date asks if one of the menus could be waterproof.
>
>Plus, when I used to play in the bathtub, I tended to sing 'Row, Row, Row
>Your Boat' with the slightly altered lyrics, "Merrily, merrily, merrily,
>merrily, life goes down the drain."  I mean, that was where I saw the
>water going, right?  :)  My parents had to correct me and tell me that
>life "is but a dream" -- but in light of what _The Matrix_ has shown us,
>I'm not sure that that's a more optimistic outlook.  :)

Sigh.

Face the truth, Peter: I'm not the only Goth on the list. It's okay. The
Goth community is here for you, in an apathetic yet delightfully artistic
kind of way.

Would you like a staple gun or hot glue to affix your wrist to your
forehead?