Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #602

>You know, a few weeks ago, someone said, "hey, you
>know, all the
>cursing
>bothers me." Other people said, "Well, we'll try to
>stop." Now some
>people are saying, "All the off-topic Christian
>theology that's been
>going on for months and months unchecked is bothering
>us." And all
>we're
>hearing is "Tough. Deal with it."

If the latter is what you heard from *my* tone, I
apoligize--I don't want to come off as arrogant or
even insensitive.
my whole point was simply this: the double standard
I'm seeing is absolutely unfair.  for two years i've
been on this list wading through hundreds of off-topic
threads and diligently skipping or skimming those
things I wasn't interested in (i'm on the digest
format).  some threads go on longer than others, but
hardly any go on unchanged much longer than, say, a
week.
given, the topic of Christ comes up more frequently
than other things, but you act as if any post about
Christ belongs to this single "months long" thread.  i
could say the same about Radiohead or any number of
off-topic threads that come up frequently.  but i
don't.  i find that if the majority of people are
bored with a thread, eventually it will die off.  if i
don't care about a subject, i skip it.  of the digest
i just recieved, i read maybe ten percent--it wasn't
that difficult to skip the rest.

Jay M.