sam philips, rosebud concert...and whew--jessyka's kidnapping and followingstorm

     >Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 10:59:23 -0700 (PDT)
     >From: Max Mishler <maxmsh at yahoo_com>
     >Subject: sam phillips

     >For all you Sam fans out there here's a link to a nice
     >article on her and her new disc "fandance" due out in
     >July.
     >http://www.billboard.com/billboard/feature/index.jsp
     >She's the artist of the day at billboard.com.

     >Anxiously awaiting new Sam songs,

     >Max

max.....thanks for the above post!!  i too am anxiously awaiting!!
--another fan.

about the rosebud concert in pgh. ....it was nice meeting fellow otr
listees.  btw jessyka, my husband's name is darrell, not bill.  : )
anyway....the concert was phenomenal, and i for one am looking forward to
c'stone's concert.  i spoke with the nice gentleman at the merch table (i
think his name was dave??) and i must paraphrase him here...."the
cornerstone otr concert is like dessert after a week of gluttony".  i'd
only add that the concert doesn't give you that "oh my god i could puke"
feeling afterwards.  in fact, it only serves to make you hungry for more.
yummy.

and the whew! part.....

it's been fascinating reading these last digests.  my head is
spinning...but i am enjoying witnessing open discussion about such matters.
i've grown up being taught to censor out anything "bad"  that is...my
parents' version of "bad".  as a result, i knew little about the world
around me.  it's refreshing to be a part of this "list" where topics can be
argued and sometimes quite artfully debated in a way that enlightens me.
ok, sometimes it gets a tad ugly...but too much pretty can be tiresome too.
as for jessyka....sounds like you had quite the experience.  first the
vibrating couch...then handcuffs.  but considering your level of
energy....i suppose you have few dull moments.  : )

back to enjoying the banter....

twila