Bill Maher rocks my little world.

I love his show. I love the fact that he speaks his mind, he's a liberal in a world of conservatives, and he's well-read, intelligent, and fierce.

I didn't catch the beginning of this thread, but I saw him on Larry King the other night, and he was talking about how he realised how much he was letting his loathing of Dubbya colour his commentary, and he realised he'd have to step back. I think that's pretty impressive to admit that in public and not cover everything with a thick coat of defensiveness.

He has a lot of people on his show who well-deserve a public skewering, and it's nice to see it done with intelligence, passion, and even, many times, some logic.

Just out of my own personal curiosity, how many tree-hugging liberals are left on this list?