Re: Legend, Yes, etc

--- Don Smith <dasmith at rotse2_physics.lsa.umich.edu>
wrote:
> What????
>
> E Geist wrote:
> > Nuclear: Chernobyl was, well, reasonably ugly.  So
> was TMI. We all are more
> > radioactive as a result.  The UN: I could see
> inroads toward Revelation 13,
> > 14???  I am not a biblical scholar and might be
> confusing those chapters with
> > The Birth of Tragedy.  Jets: Leonardo had designed
> aerodynamically correct
> > plans for a flying machine in what, the 15th-16th
> century.  He also was
> > dyslexic.  Television: hmmm... Orwell is about all
> I have offhand.
> > Computers: someone help me.  There has to be
> someone.  Israel: again,
> > possibly Revelation?  Old Testament?
>
> I can't parse this at all.  I feel like one of those
> computers in 60s sci-fi
> that starts smoking and sparking when you try to
> feed it nonsense.  What does
> this *mean*?  What does any of this have to do with
> Peter's question?
>
> My head hurts.  I'm going to bed.
> --
> Don Smith                    Robotic Optical
> Transient Search Experiment
> donaldas at umich_edu
> http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/
>
> "Am I gentrifying my inner neighborhood?"		- Dar
> Williams

wow, sorry - oops.  i was working on what i had
thought was the previous comment that had inspired the
question; namely, the legitimacy of prognosticating
global events or things technological centuries in
advance.  i can be elliptical like that sometimes.
sorry all for the nonsense.

"Don't you know the game 'KAZAM'?  It's a better
game."

-Dar Williams