Re: Type

> --- Hazel410 at aol_com wrote:
>
> > I don't think Jung's ideas related to
> developmental
> > stages, but I haven't
> > read much about his introductory concepts.  I do
> > know, however, that the
> > Myers-Briggs theory differs from Jung's original
> > concept in some definitions,
> > and allows for personal growth.  I think it's an
> > extension of Jung's ideas.

yeah, and some of it seems to differ in definition.
with regard to e and i, jung would say that you are
what a critical situation shows you to be....who are
you in an emergency???  do you take charge like an
extrovert or do you crawl inward.

i think myers briggs is going more for, "where do you
get your energy from?"  although according to jung,
i'd be an extrovert, in the myers briggs sense, i'm an
introvert, through and through.

-j. marie