Annapolis Show thoughts

Well all, it's LATE, and so this isn't going to be a very well written
review,
but if I wait, it won't get written at all.... so here goes:

It was an even better show than I was expecting.  And I knew I'd be wow-ed...
I'm left really thoroughly impressed/delighted.  Stunning show, and different
than
the other reviews that I've been reading.

Somewhere near the beginning Linford put in something like
"We've played in Holland...but we've never been to Annapolis before."
Apparently they liked it here:
He added that when they saw the town and the room, (small venue packed tight
with tables (my front row table was maybe 6 feet from Karin's really very
cool cow shoes!)
they decided to do a slightly different set than they'd been doing for most
of the tour:
"slow it down a bit, do some smokier songs, maybe involving the sea"...
and added that if anyone wanted to see the rockin' show,
they were welcome to join them tomorrow night at the TLA in Philly.
 "'Whole different Over the Rhine" he promised.

I *did* miss hearing 'Moth', which they skipped, but other songs more than
made up for it:
I didn't get a set list, but here's what I can recall, in only the vaguest
order...
(Check me on this, David?)
---
When I Go  (Excellent start IMO: showcases Karin's voice like nothing else)
Go Down Easy*  (Yum!  An unexpected treat!)
If Nothing Else  (the mp3 version, not the FFR version, I think? V. g.)
Little Blue River
And Can It Be*  (all the way back to TWHF, yes?)
Anyway  (truly lovely live)
Latter Days*
Poughkeepsie (absolutely beautiful...recorded is good, live version is a joy)
Birds
Sweet Baby Jane
Faithfully Dangerous*
All I Need Is Everything*
My Love Is A Fever ('Besides' version... stunning)
Encore: I Radio Heaven

I may be forgetting some... *'d ones are personal favs that I was
particularly excited to hear.
I'm being redundant in my adjectives, but you get the idea.  : )

They seemed to really be enjoying themselves, both Linford and Karin told
stories,
and laughed a lot. I think that adds a lot to a show.  Linford said something
to the effect of
"You're never sure when you play a new town if anyone's going to show up...."

Well, it wasn't a full house, but it was a decent crowd, and we did get an
encore...
I'd say they were well received.  : )

Couldn't bring myself to do the cheesy groupie fan thing and gush at them
afterward
when they were sitting around relaxing, but I did pick up 'Besides' (finally!)
from the merch. table before the show, and was really struck by the apparent
sincerity
of the "Thank you VERY MUCH" that I got... what a very cool but
apparently-still-grounded
group of people!

I do hope they liked Annapolis enough to come back this way soon, and
often...

David: Was very nice to meet you and Jana... I didnt realize at first
that you were coming from so far; since you'd said you were planning
to come to the Annapolis show long before you mentioned Philadelphia,
I'd assumed you were local!   Do let me know how the Philly show compares!

Must get sleep...
Anita