RE: god is dead and other such nonsense

On Wed, 16 May 2001, David Armstrong wrote:

> I figure, if you're going to wear your faith as a fashion statement, at
> least have the wherewithal to find something that describes it better than
> "I Love Jesus Better Than Ice Cream".
>
> -Drew J
>
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
>
> i couldn't agree with you more!
> another tongue-in-cheek one i saw read:
>
> --JESUS IS COMING--
> everybody look busy

A few of my Presbyterian and Congregationalist friends have some odd
bumper stickers:

Jesus saves, He shoots, He SCORES!

Jesus saves sinners...and redeems them for valuable cash prizes.

I don't think anyone can do Christian satire like some of the mainstream
Christian churches (Presbyterians in particular, I
find...).  Non-Christians just don't get the plane on which the jokes
belong, and many Evangelicals have trouble seeing how this kind of humor
can be edifying.

Of course, the truly oddest thing I've ever seen in regard to all of this
was the Cthulhu fish on a bumper.

-Drew J

O ^ ^   Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew       )
O(_|_)         Looking for the cheese shop since the year 2000             X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |