Re: Re: Re: Soundtracks

On 5/14/01 12:33 AM, quoth the brilliant petert at interchange_ubc.ca at
petert at interchange_ubc.ca:

>> Well, here's a question, then: I just got the Director's Cut of
>> "Legend."  It has the original Jerry Goldsmith score, as opposed to the
>> Tangerine Dream one on the American release.
>
>Is this a DVD?  Cuz if so, they really should have put *both* versions on
>the disc, and allowed you to choose which one to listen to.

No, it's a cheap dub from Japan I got off eBay. Supposedly, now, there's
a Special Edition DVD in the works, and I assume THAT will have both
versions on it. But I've been on a "Legend" kick lately for no
discernable reason; I got the US video, then went on eBay and found the
director's cut. I won that auction, happened to find the Jerry Goldsmith
CD in a used CD store by pure coincidence three days later, and got home
that evening to find the new video on my doorstep. I'm waiting to find
Mia Sara in the back of my closet, and my dog barking at a unicorn. I
just don't want to wake up to Tim Curry on my couch-- those horns'd ruin
my new paint job. Now, Tom Cruise on my couch, on the other hand....