Re: Fly Meaning Dances

hallo, good morning :)

we read that maybe:

> > funny, I've always felt Fly Dance had a spiritual
> meaning. Our spirit the
> > open hands that accept God's grace on a deeper
> level apart from any works,
> > liberating us from a spiders web of our own faulty
> reasoning, mere
> > intellectual theological idea's, and dry
> ceremonies, making us free to fly
> > and dance in the Spirit. When we do that there is
> the sensation of the
> > Spirit, the revelation of the Spirit, and the
> cultivation of the Spirit
> > within. That interpretation also works well with
> the Wilson photo on the
> > opposite page of two hands holding/freeing doves
> with the caption "the
> > liberation of love" underneath.
> > I've also felt the spider could have a slight
> referance to the devil at the
> > same time.

and then questioned from a different angle with:

> Yes, but the full line is, "The liberation of love,
> with my two hands."
>
> How does one liberate love with two hands?

maybe you could take the hands in a different way--as
in action or deed.  hands are often associated with
labor.  maybe they're saying that the active way they
live their lives is the liberation of love (1 John 3:
18?--or around there).

but as with much mystic-type creative expression, it
wouldn't surprise me if the erotic were very present
anyway, even if the practical message (though i doubt
this is didactic) weren't about sex.

maybes for breakfast, mmm,
marie