Re: forgotten southerners

Max,

Don't feel too left out by them not touring in your area.  They used to claim that they neglected the West Coast the most when they toured, but lately they've been making up for that.  I got spoiled when I lived in Nashville because practically every musician I cared about came through there quite often.

The West Coast (and the Northwest in particular) used to be skipped by most bands due to the distance (though I never could understand why the 77's hadn't been to Seattle ever until like '93 or '94...Sacramento isn't that far).  Elvis Costello once said that one of the main things that caused the creation of the grunge scene was because no one toured through the area...the thought there being that if the music doesn't come to them, they make their own, without any outside influences.

Anyway, I expect that on their next leg, OTR will make it through that way.  But if for some reason they don't, do everything you can to make it to the closest show.  The show this time around was one of the best I've seen, so you don't want to miss it.

Gregg