Re: Re: Hotmail is going BYE BYE/you will be too if you dont read this!

On 3/30/01 4:42 PM, quoth the brilliant shadow at teuton_org at
shadow at teuton_org:

>geesh. urbanlegends.com.... and if it's not on a major site (like wired,
>slashdot, news sites..) o well.

Even better, I SWEAR by snopes.com. They have debunkings for everything
from the Neiman Marcus Cookie UL to the one about the dead body in the
forest in The Wizard of Oz. They also delve into the history of the
legends (did you know the Cookie thing is at least 50 years old?) and
permutations thereof.

Sometimes, I find stuff there even I thought was true, and I've become
MUUUUUCH less credulous in my old age.

My personal paradigm shifted when I actually saw my local anchor
repeating the story of the body of the diver found in the forest after a
fire. Sigh.