ffr

This is my first post here in months.
but for some reason i feel the urge to write something.
I read the posts about everyday.
This "Films for Radio" album....
it didn't capture my being like "gdbd" did. Ric Hordinski's guitar playing
was stirring...and plunged beauty right into your face. Ric has deep insight
on his instrument.
His personality that came out in the music was a big part of otr.
Jack had some pretty BIG shoes to fill. I'm glad he stayed true to himself
on the record, but because of Ric's leave otr's music has now a new a
different personality mixed with Linford and Karin's.
Jack plays very good slide guitar. some of the best i've heard, but i think
otr will never be the same anymore without Ric.
It's like this. Certain colors move within people in certian ways. like on a
painting. when the colors are changed that once held you within so
passionatetly, it is never the same.
But maybe for someone else the color change is more for the better and can
move within them even more passionately.
This album is more active and boisterous. It doesn't move me as deeply.
However, I'm not suggesting that active and boisterous cannot move people
just as deeply. there are truths to be held in both. Linford himself said,
"Still waters run deep...". It's like being alone with God.
So for me OTR (for Now) has had it's best days. But I'm trying to be
optimistic.
anyway, Anyone else wish that Linford's intro to "IF Nothing Else" would
have been on the album. When he played that in concert I thought it was the
coolest.
I too am a little upset (like some others have mentioned) that the
"Swallowtail...." song wasn't included on the album. And for some reason
"Fairpoint Dairy" I hardly reckognized when i heard it on the album...it was
played so differently in concert. Didn't Linford start it on the acoustic
guitar in concert? oh well. I love the version on ffr.
Well that's all i have to say for now,

-D.Yinger