Cleanup in Isle, Too, and some physics

I agree that there are a number of songs that take your head off and play with
your heart like a tether ball.  I always felt that way about When I Go,
especially when she kept opening with it in concert.  It made me desperate for
FfR to come out since Cornerstone.  Nothing's moved me like that since Latter
Days.  The first time I heard the latter, I didn't want to turn away from my PC,
so my assistant wouldn't see the tears in my eyes.

I made up a CD some time ago called "haunted runaway mix" - mostly Marillion
(including their cover of Fake Plastic Trees), some old Alan Parsons, OTR, Al
Stewart's "Fields of France", with some Steve Taylor at the end to keep you from
driving off a cliff after an hour of that.  I listened to it incessantly this
weekend after getting the taxes done.  My wife even liked some Marillion (Three
Minute Boy), which never happens.

I'm not sure if anyone made this point on the long atheist/Christian debate, but
quantum mechanics breaks down the minute you go beyond the subatomic.  They've
even made microchips with "superatoms", where the physics of an atom was blown
up to a larger scale.  The result was something not quite quantum and not quite
Newtonian.  Heisenberg broke down.  I realize that many large devices work on
quantum principles, but it is the particles they generate and absorb that are
quantum, not the machines themselves - they fall just fine when you kick them
off a desk.  In short, "quantum physics" is just that, not a root for
understanding anything beyond that.  Applying it to ethics or epistemology is a
bit daft.  It's become the Chathulu of modern ethics - the more you learn about
it, the less sane you remain. To paraphrase The Prisoner, "you are not an
electron, you are a human being!".

(As far as large objects not popping in and out of existence, I may be willing
to make an exception for socks and palm pilots).

Concepts like matter and energy being composed mostly of resonance seems
perfectly logical if the universe is "spoken into being" with incredible energy
and information.  An agnostic friend of mine once said that "the only signal
that could take place without distortion is one that is transmitted with
unlimited energy, and only one signal in history has been transmitted with such
energy, or nearly so."