Re: Christian art

De lurking for the first time in maybe a year...I could NOT pass this up..

>The latest discussion on Christian music seems to
>have run its course, but I just read this today
>from Madelein L'Engle, which is pertinent:

I don't know how to say this without sounding a bit silly and superlative,
so here goes. -- to hear my most favoritest author, who has rocked my world,
in every sense of the word, quoted on the list for a band that's so wrapped
up in so many memories is no less than amazing and world-colliding.

I was at the Wheaton show, and heard Karin mention learning the definition
of wooty-woot. :) It made me wonder if Ys had shown up at the Taylor show or
something (sorry, Bink). Of course, being at Wheaton, they didn't mention
that they'd been at Taylor the night before. :)

Linford introduced Sleep Baby Jane the same way -- a lullaby that fell into
a ditch. Pretty funny. He was also pretty talkative that night, tho sitting
in the balcony made it a bit hard to hear all his comments.

The show, however, managed to be amazing, despite being in an incredibly old
building with highly reverberant (is that a word?) accoustics.

I snagged a setlist from under Linford's keyboard after the show, and it's
exactly the same as bink's, so I won't bother repeating it. I loved the
one-at-a-time encore. And Linford and Karen doing Give Me Strength together.
The look in her eyes as she grinned up at him while he was trying to find
the beginning chords was something between mischievous and melting.

And at one point, (don't remember what song), she was waiting for him to
give her the opening notes, and he wasn't doing it. (I couldn't see *what*
he was doing), so she wandered over to stand in front of his keyboard, hands
in her back pockets, with a semi-tolerant, half smile on her face, as if
torn between smacking him and leaping over the keyboard to sit on his lap
and kiss him, full on. I didn't see his reaction, but eventually he gave her
the notes. It was quite amusing.

Now, if I could just get the album and relive the experience....(no, Layne,
mine hasn't shown up yet, either.)

That is all,
Laura