this is why...

i really have to hand it to otr for completely and totally messing with my
head this year. :) they went from being "a band that i like well enough, but
wish i could like more" to being
"holyshitmyfavouritebandintheworldtheycandonowrong"...i changed my credo
from "i want to be britney spears when i grow up" to "i want to be karin
bergquist when i grow up"...i went from never seeing them live to seeing
them three times in five months...i met real-life listees, even getting into
a listie *picture*...and most of all, i heard the new songs in concert,
thinking that the band was headed into an alt.country direction, especially
since the tagline on the backporch records logo is "roots rock
americana"...then they release an album that is not only hearbreakingly
gorgeous, even heard over the phone in the background with all the horrid
acoustics of a dorm room at northeastern on computer speakers, but as far
away from alt.country as you can get.

and this is why i love over the rhine. they screw with my head. :)

jillian.
oh, and emilio is estevez because it's his mom's maiden name...he pulled an
eddie vedder (rather, eddie pulled an emilio) and used his mom's surname.

and chris martin is my new boyfriend.