Give Me Strength...

Well...
I've finally heard Give Me Strength from Films for Radio...
I'm not really so sure what to think of it...
I mean, it is a GREAT song, don't get me wrong about that...some of
their best writing, to be honest, and Karen's voice sounds
STUPENDOUS.  However -- the production is a bit...
well...
REAL different from what I'm used to from Otr.
If you've heard the "Remix" version of If Nothing Else, that's only
the beginning -- lush, techno-like synths, with drum loops!
Now -- I've also heard Goodbye, which is very Sgt.
Pepper's-era-Bealthes-esque, and judging from a few of the songs I've
gotten bootlegged from live shows, I can't imagine some of the
material not being VERY STRIPPED down and acoustic.  With all of that
said, I'd have to say that this will probably be Over the Rhine's
most musically diverse record to date.

Yeah -- I can't wait to hear the whole thing...
I'm sure I'd devour it...

but...
weird.

mr. shannon lee lewis
SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu
http://hometown.aol.com/wrmrdays/ (personal)
http://www.wdausa.org/   (WDA)
http://mp3.com/setonedge/ (Set on Edge)
http://soe.pair.com/     (Set on Edge)
Now Playing; Over the Rhine - "Give Me Strength"