Re: more fun for all ages with touchy subjects

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Kelvin Bailey wrote:

> And if white people, centuries earlier, hadn't created - or more
> accurately discovered - the vast myriad of musical form we take for
> granted, we all - black musicians included - would be bankrupt.

ever so true.

> We owe a lot of black people for a lot of develpments, but they didn't
> invent good music.
>
> Kelvin

but neither did white people - tribal music was around before classical
forms of music were discovered...

i heard a great insult today... somehow this whol discussion made it even
funnier.

'while your ancestors were savagaes in the wilderness, mine were chanting
in the temple'

(:

in the Symarillion, it talks about the creation of the world, and how it
was strictly musical..  these beings heard a song an dliked it so much,
that they began to sing along. they would learn new songs and the world
was made out of song.  that's a porr description of what really was
written... but i found it fascinating, along with the idea that pluto
sings (as do all the stars).

next to words, i find it one of the most fascinating languages...

rhys

--
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. - Ford Prefect - The Hitchhikers
Guide to the Galaxy