Films For Radio Track List/Mini-Review

Through a friend of mine in radio, I was fortunate enough to get to hear the
new album in its entirety last night. It's terrific....a lot more texture
(and percussion!) than we've come to expect from OTR....I was reminded a bit
of Everything But The Girl's transition a few years back from dreamy acoustic
recordings to still-gorgeous melodies laid on a bed of drums n' bass. "Films"
is not as ethereal and other-worldly as GDBD, but I think it's more
commercial and radio-friendly.

I rank having to follow-up Good Dog Bad Dog along the lines of Brian Wilson
trying to top Pet Sounds (what do you do after you've made one of the
greatest albums of all time?). Not only have Karen and Linford emerged
without going mad (presumably!), but they've made a truly worthy successor to
their masterpiece. I probably won't play "Films" as often as GDBD, but it's
precisely the album they should have made and I think and hope it will bring
them the success they so richly deserve.

With a couple of lucky breaks and some well-placed airplay (to these ears, If
Nothing Else and Give Me Strength are the "singles"), I think the secret's
going to be out on these folks!

Incidentally, the copy I heard and saw had was different than the advance CD
someone's been selling on eBay. It appears K&L may have changed the running
order at the last minute.

For the record, here's the track list and times:

The World Can Wait (5:46)
If Nothing Else (5:17)
Give Me Strength (4:17)
Fairpoint Diary (4:35)