Top 10

music
10 paul van dyk "out there and back" ooh, nice
9 badly drawn boy "hour of the bewilderbeast" nice love pop for a brit
8 deb talan "something burning" awesome vocals
7 coldplay "parachutes" travis-y without being too travis-y
6 duran duran "pop trash" no comment req'd
5 paul oakenfold "perfecto presents another world" 2CDs of kick assness
4 ass ponys "some stupid with a flare gun" rockin' rock, the way it was
meant to be
3 twilight singers "twilight as sung by..." r+b with greg's rock vocals
2 eels "daisies of the galaxy" when e's happy, I'm happy.
1 radiohead "kid a" this album seems like it's from outer space, but in a
good way.  like that metal record the US sent up with voyager...

films (ok, I didn't see a lot this year)
10 "wonder boys" other than the obvious fact that tobey maguire should be in
no more films, this was pretty good
9 "chuck and buck" one day we randomly picked a small film and almost cried
'cos it was so appallingly funny and odd
8 "meet the parents" except for 'rushmore', owen wilson can do no wrong
7 "galaxy quest" released dec 99, saw it on video.  shocked that it was
actually clever and great.  idiot tim allen was perfect for the role
6 "time code" 'cos it was nutty, the whole concept, and easier to watch than
it seems like it would be
5 "broken hearts club" 'cos it was fun, touching and unexpectedly good
4 "best in show" umm...  dogs are funny...  (?!)
3 "dancer in the dark" the movie sucked but bjork kicked
2 "erin brockovich" soderbergh didn't sell out, too many people just watched
it is all
1 "bring it on" there ought to be a law against movies this good.  can't
wait three more weeks for it to appear on dvd